The most vital and path-breaking public health and social work research is being conducted at the Brown School and its research centers.
We are affiliated with 13 research centers and have faculty connections with numerous Washington University research centers. These centers, eight of which focus on public health, produce groundbreaking research on health disparities, health policy, health systems, and the prevention and treatment of chronic disease.
For you, this means access to the latest research, plus opportunities to work with faculty to explore your own research interests through special projects, independent study, research assistant positions, or research-oriented fieldwork.
- Center for Diabetes Translation Research
- Center for Mental Health Services Research
- Center for Obesity Prevention and Policy Research
- Center for Public Health Systems Science
- Center for Social Development
- Center for Violence and Injury Prevention
- Concordance Institute for Advancing Social Justice
- Envolve Center for Health Behavior Change
- Evaluation Center
- Health Communication Research Laboratory
- Kathryn M. Buder Center for American Indian Studies
- Prevention Research Center in St. Louis
- Social System Design Lab
- Washington University Center for Diabetes Translation Research